- Provide database administration including performance
tuning, DBMS, software installation, maintenance, database design,
implementation, data integrity, backups, etc.
- Create instances on database servers, translating
logical database requirements into physical designs, and implementing
the physical designs on the database servers.
- Work closely with Production & Client Support Services and Systems
Development departments to resolve problems.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- 2 to 5 years experience with MS SQL Server (version 6.5 and/or 7).
- Strong analytical, organizational and communication skills.
- Experience with custom software development and implementation.
- Experience with packaged software implementation.
- Working knowledge of Oracle is a plus.
- Ability to interface effectively with clients and vendors.
- BS degree or equivalent combination of experience and education.